Monday, January 19, 2015

Over the weekend I contacted the Representatives that are on the House Veterans Affairs Committee and I received the following back. I am somewhat worried that he is still referring to it as HR543. This is from Congreeman Beto O'Rourke (D-TX)

Thank you for writing to me regarding the Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act (H.R. 543). I am a cosponsor of this legislation.

Under current law, the Veterans Administration (VA) recognizes illnesses and exposure to Agent Orange as presumptive conditions for the purpose of obtaining VA disability benefits. Unfortunately, this presumption only covers veterans who had “boots on the ground” in Vietnam. This unfairly leaves out Navy Vietnam veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange during service off the coast of Vietnam. H.R. 543 would correct this situation and I am proud to support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment